4th Grade Links
click on the plug for non-tech, "unplugged" family activities
Week of June 1
Here's your chance to do one more 3D printing project this year - you can design a new state quarter for the state you researched.
Please follow all directions below, carefully, so I can find your coin
in your assigned Tinkercade account, then print it and mail it!
You might need to be a little patient while you wait for it!
If you can't use Tinkercad at home, let me know and we'll come up with a different plan.
Grownups can email me at any time: email@example.com
Click below to see your account number:
Click below to use Tinkercad:
Want to copy shapes in Tinkercad? Here's the shortcut,
thanks to L.Y. for asking for it:
Hear from 4 very different people, who seem to love solving very different problems!
Listen for how they got started in tech (hey, you're already "started" in tech, too!).
Why do you think they love their jobs so much? Would you be interested in any of these jobs?
This old Apple computer was one of the first with a screen ("graphical user interface") and a mouse. And if you had $10, 000 you could buy one for your house, back in 1983!
This is not like the game you played in
Kindergarten ~ you'll want to watch videos
and start from the easy level to master this one!
(click on Play Without Saving)
Click below for research links on your U.S. State:
Here are some Google Slides tips:
Here's a story about a woman inventor - who was far more famous for being an actress. It's amazing to hear how she got the idea for one
of her most important inventions!
Last week's answer was Salamander! That's it for animal challenges this year - but keep using those Google search skills when you need them!
How do state animals become official?
watch this to find out:
Explore a new game:
Use your Scratch coding skills in a whole new way.
Squeeze in some typing time, if you can (link 2 below).
Remember, your username follows this pattern:
clare.pads (but that's me, not you!)
Then use your usual password.
Hi 4th Grade Friends and Families! If you ever have any questions, you can send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Wacky Web Tales - Add nouns, verbs and adjectives – then read the story you’ve helped create!
6. Portaportal - Enter your teacher’s username to use all the links at this site!
10. Vocabulary Games - Choose a topic – choose a level
14. HTML Tutorial - Experiment with html code and see the results.
22. Hawk - National Geographic
23. Broad Winged Hawk - Cornell Lab
(Warning: includes sad picture of dead cow; reading along with subtitles would be a good idea)
(you can skip the first 6:00 minutes of this video)
84. Volcanoes - Ducksters
85. Volcanoes - Enchanted Learning Dictionary
86. Volcanoes - National Geographic Kids
87. Volcanoes - Weather Wiz Kids
88. Volcanoes - more from National Geographic Kids
89. Volcanoes - Time for Kids
90. Volcanoes - DK Find Out!
91. Volcanoes - One Geology Kids